Welligton dating sites

In late 17th and early 18th centuries all others were replaced by Sir Christopher Wren with the windows seen today.The original single entrance was on the south side and it was reached by an external staircase. On the first floor of the White Tower is the Chapel of St John the Evangelist where the royal family and the court worshipped.

Today, visitors enter the Tower along a short causeway to the Middle Tower built in the late 13th century.The Bloody Tower was originally known as the Garden Tower due to it being next to the constable's garden.The square-shaped structure at one time served as a gateway to the Inner Ward.While Richard was away his brother John besieged the Tower, and Longchamp held out until lack of supplies forced him to surrender.Richard regained control on his return to England in 1194, forgiving John and naming him as his successor.

Leave a Reply